Friday, March 1, 2013

Driving in the UK & Our Flat


Driving in the UK can be quite a hair raising experience to say the least.  We are driving a new silver 2011 Vauxhall Meriva automatic diesel with 15,560 miles.  The steering wheel is on the right side of the car.  We have to push a button on your remote and the ignition key pops out.  
David's first driving experience raised several questions.  How do I remember to drive on the left hand side of the road while sitting on the right side of the car?  When I turn, what lane do I turn into?  How do I drive in the round-a-bout?  How do I signal and what lane should I remain in?  Elder Randy Brinkerhoff, the vehicle coordinator, let me drive him to McDonalds so he could give me my first driving lesson.  After driving for three days to places like our new flat, Costco, Morrison's, and church, he had his offical driving lesson Monday, March 4 with David Richmond.  Here are some photos of our new flat at 44 Woodhall Drive, Kirkstall.  Sharilyn also drove to and from the office.

Living Room
Dining Room
Guest Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Bathroom  "Toilet"
Make-up and Hair Styling
Kitchen with Washer/Dryer



Fridge/Freezer/Microwave

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your HOME SWEET HOME. So nice to take a peak.

    Love you guys. Take care.

    ReplyDelete